Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 2 - Tuesday, July 21 - Going Home!

I was named Tuesday morning at 6:00 a.m., almost 48-hours after my birth. The nurse came in with the paperwork for my birth certificate, and although she told Mommy and Daddy that they did not have to name me before leaving the hospital, that is kinda what they had promised the other members of the family. With a big breath, they named me Asher Watson Caudill. I like it!

On Tuesday, Mommy and I were cleared to leave the hospital! I was not badly jaundiced, and Dr. Kuduk said everything was looking good. Unfortunately, he wanted to wait to circumcise me, so I will have to go back in a few weeks for outpatient surgery. At least I don't have any idea what's going to happen! :)

Dr. Pascuzzi released Mommy, who didn't need the wheelchair and walked out of the hospital on her own. Go Mommy!



Tatie Monique had decorated my new home. There was a sign in the front yard announcing my birth (without a name of course) and balloons on the mailbox. Tatie was very happy to write my name on the sign... finally!

Although I have a beautiful nursery, Mommy and Daddy set up a bassinet in their bedroom so they didn't have to be separated from me. Although they were tired from rooming in with me at the hospital, I think they secretly enjoyed having me that close. :)

I also had my first tummy time with Daddy that evening. I really liked laying on his chest and listening to him snore.


No comments:

Post a Comment