Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 57 - September 14 - Mommy goes back to work

Today was a very sad day for Mommy. She had to go back to work. She wasn't dreading going to work so much as she was unhappy to leave me, but I didn't seem to notice. I actually had my first bottle yesterday and took it just fine. Mommy let Daddy feed me... partially so he could get the hang of it, and partially so she wasn't distracting me otherwise. Even though she was worried that I might reject it, I had no problems. Put food in front of me, and I will eat!

Since we had never done this before, we were a little behind all morning. Mommy was about half an hour late to work! She fed me and dressed me, loaded me up in the Lincoln, and drove me to MeMaw and Big Daddy's house. Big Daddy was working in Georgia that day, so it was just MeMaw to welcome me. She was so excited! She didn't have the nursery completely set up yet, but it was still comfy cozy for me.

Mommy had thought she would be fine with leaving me behind, but as she drove away, there were tears in her eyes. I'm turning her into a softie. :)

While I was at MeMaw's house, I kept a little journal for Mommy to keep in her scrapbook... should she ever take the time to work on it again. It was an uneventful day for the most part, though MeMaw did take me on two walks. I can't say I was as happy to see Mommy when she got home as she was to see me, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment