Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 23 - August 11, 2009 - Morehead, here I come!


Today, I took my first trip to Grandma and Grandpa's! They are my great-grandparents, and I am their first great-grandchild. It was Grandma's birthday (which Mommy almost forgot), so I brought her a framed picture of me (of course!) and a card. I didn't even know they made great-grandma cards, but I found the perfect one.

When we got there, Grandma had made Mom's favorite... chicken and dumplins! Unfortunately, I am too small for them. Hopefully, I will be ready to get some next summer. She also served tomatoes, green beans, and cornbread. For dessert, there was zucchini cake... I may pass on that, but Mom sure seemed to like it!

I was in a not-so-good mood for whatever reason. Maybe it was the travel? Mom still wanted to take me down to the campus bookstore with everyone rather than wait at the house for Daddy to get back. It's about time for him to go back to school, so Grandma and Grandpa wanted to take him to get his books. Even with the discount and buying almost all used, they still spent almost $600 for just one semester! Daddy and Mommy are so thankful to them, I'm sure. I also got a Morehead State Eagles onesie and a hoodie for this fall. I'm looking forward to shopping next year, because there are a lot of cute clothes for when I am a little bit older.

When we got back to the house, everyone had a bowl of ice cream. Apparently, this is what they do in Morehead. MeMaw had even called Grandma to tell her to watch Grandpa... he has a history of giving ice cream to babies. Drat, MeMaw... this was my chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment